Did your expenses happen during the adoption period?
The adoption period:
- begins at the earliest of the following dates:
- when an application is made for registration with a provincial or territorial ministry responsible for adoption (or with an adoption agency licensed by a provincial or territorial government); or
- when an application related to the adoption is made to a Canadian court; and
- ends at the latest of the following dates:
- when an adoption order is issued by, or recognized by, a government in Canada for that child; or
- when the child first begins to live permanently with you.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: