Education amount

The federal education amount has been eliminated for 2017 and subsequent tax years. Go to the General Income Tax and Benefit Guide to see if you are eligible to claim a provincial or territorial education amount.

If you have unused education amounts from years prior to 2017 they can be carried forward to claim on your 2017 and subsequent tax returns.

The tuition and enrolment certificate that you received from your educational institution will indicate if you were in full‑time (box C) or part‑time (box B) attendance.

Completing your tax return

Supporting documents - If you are filing electronically, keep all your documents in case we ask to see them later. If you are filing a paper return, attach your completed Schedule 11 but do not send your other documents. Keep them in case we ask to see them later. For more information, please consult E-services for individuals.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: