These passes must allow unlimited travel within Canada on:
- local buses;
- commuter trains;
- commuter buses;
- local ferries.
You can also claim the cost of:
- Short-term passes if:
- each pass entitles you to unlimited travel for at least 5 consecutive days; and
- you buy enough of these passes for unlimited travel for at least 20 days in any 28-day period.
- Electronic payment cards if:
- the card is used to make at least 32 one-way trips over a maximum of 31 consecutive days; and
- the card is issued by a public transit authority that records and provides a receipt for the cost and usage of the card.
Ride/trip passes are not eligible for this credit as they do not provide for unlimited travel.
Forms and publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: