Line 104 - Employment income not reported on a T4 slip

Income such as tips, gratuities, or occasional earnings may or may not be shown on your T4 slips. If they are not included on your T4 slips, report them on this line. It is your responsibility to keep track of the earnings you receive through your employment.


You may be able to contribute to the Canada Pension Plan or Quebec Pension Plan for this income. See line 222.

If you report employment income on line 104, you can claim the Canada employment amount on line 363 of your Schedule 1.

If you are a resident of Quebec, you must include in income the amounts shown on your federal information slips and include those from your relevé slips on your provincial return.

Completing your tax return

Report on line 104 tips, gratuities, or occasional earnings you received that are not included in your T4 slips.

Report on line 101 the amount shown in box 14 of your T4 slips.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: