Line 114 - CPP or QPP benefits

Specific information

Only for individuals who are 60 to 70 years of age

Canada Pension Plan (CPP) contributions for CPP working beneficiaries 


Amounts you receive under the Canada Pension Plan or the Quebec Pension Plan must be reported in your income. You will receive a T4A(P) slip that shows the amount you received in 2018.

The amount shown in box 20 of your T4A(P) slip may include a lump-sum benefit. Part of this benefit may be entitlements for previous years. The total amount shown in box 20 must be reported on line 114 of your return for 2018. The CRA will not reassess the returns for the previous years to include this income. However, if the total of the parts that relate to previous years is $300 or more, the CRA will calculate the tax payable on those parts as if you received them in those years only if the result is better for you. If you received a letter from Service Canada showing amounts that apply to previous years, attach it to your paper return. The CRA will tell you the results on your notice of assessment or reassessment.

If your T4A(P) slip has an amount shown in box 15, 16, 17, or 18, read whichever of the following that apply to you:

If you have not received your T4A(P) slip, visit Service Canada or call 1-800-277-9914. To view your T4A(P) slip information, go to My Account.

Completing your tax return

Report on line 114 the amount shown in box 20 of your T4A(P) slip.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: