Line 115 - United States Social Security

Report the full amount, in Canadian dollars, of your U.S. Social Security benefits and any U.S. Medicare premiums paid on your behalf. Use the Bank of Canada exchange rate in effect on the day you received the pension. If you received the pension at different times during the year, use the average annual rate. The average monthly rate and the daily rate are available by visiting the Bank of Canada website.

Benefits paid to your children are their income even if you received the payments.

You can claim a deduction for part of this income on line 256.

You may be able to claim the pension income amount on line 314.

Completing your tax return

Report on line 115 the gross amount of U.S. Social Security benefits you received for yourself in Canadian dollars.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: