Line 11500 - United States Social Security

Note: Line 11500 was line 115 before tax year 2019.

Report on line 11500 of your return the full amount, in Canadian dollars, of your U.S. Social Security benefits and any U.S. Medicare premiums paid on your behalf. You can claim a deduction for part of this income. See line 25600.

Use the Bank of Canada exchange rate in effect on the day you received the pension. If you received the pension at different times during the year, use the average annual rate. The average monthly rate and the daily rate are available by visiting the Bank of Canada website.

Benefits paid to your children are their income even if you received the payments. 

You may be able to claim the pension income amount. See line 31400.

Completing your tax return

Report on line 11500 the gross amount of U.S. Social Security benefits you received for yourself in Canadian dollars.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: