Line 13000 – Other income: Lump-sum payments

Note: Line 13000 was line 130 before tax year 2019.

Report lump-sum payments from pensions and deferred profit-sharing plans you received when you left a plan.

The amounts should be shown on the following slips:

If you received a lump-sum payment in 2021 that included amounts you earned in previous years, you have to report the whole payment on line 13000 of your return for 2021.

Retroactive lump-sum payments

If you received a lump-sum payment of eligible income in 2021, parts of which were for previous years after 1977, you must report the whole payment on the appropriate line of your 2021 return. These amounts are shown on a completed Form T1198, Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payment, provided by the payer.

You can ask the CRA to tax the parts from previous years as if you received them in those years. The CRA can apply this calculation to the parts that relate to years you were resident in Canada if the total of those parts is $3,000 or more (not including interest) and the result of the calculation is better for you. The CRA will tell you the result on your notice of assessment or reassessment.

Completing your tax return

Report on line 13000 of your return the amounts shown in box 018 of your T4A slips and box 22 of your T3 slips.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: