Line 13000 - Other kinds of income
Note: Line 13000 was line 130 before tax year 2019.
Report the following income on line 13000 of your return:
apprenticeship incentive grant and apprenticeship completion grant shown in box 130 of your T4A slips. For more information, go to Apprenticeship Incentive Grant, see Guide P105, Students and Income Tax, or call 1-866-742-3644
- amounts distributed from a retirement compensation arrangement shown on your T4A-RCA slips (for more information, see the back of your slips)
payments from a trust shown in box 26 of your T3 slips
certain annuity payments (see line 11500)
certian designated benefits from a registered retirement income fund shown in box 22 of your T4RIF slips, or the pooled registered pension plan amount shown in box 194 of your T4A slips or specified pension plan (SPP) amount shown in box 18 of your T4A slips. If you rolled over an amount to a registered disability savings plan (RDSP), see line 23200 for information about the corresponding deduction. For more information, see Guide T4040, RRSPs and Other Registered Plans for Retirement
amounts (grants) paid to you as a result of taking time away from work to cope with the death or disappearance of your child because of an offence or probable offence under the Criminal Code (shown in box 136 of your T4A slip)
- pooled registered pension plan (PRPP) income shown in box 194 of your T4A slips if you were under 65 years of age and you did not receive this income on the death of your spouse or common-law partner
- retiring allowances shown in boxes 66 and 67 of your T4 slips and any retiring allowance shown in box 26 of your T3 slips
- income from the disposition of Canadian Resource Property or negative balance(s) of the resource pools calculated at the end of the year in Section II on Form T1229, Statement of Resource Expenses and Depletion Allowance.
Did you know...
You do not need to report certain non-taxable amounts as income, including the following:
- most lottery winnings
- most gifts and inheritances
- amounts paid by Canada or an allied country (if the amount is not taxable in that country) for disability or death of a war veteran due to war service
- GST/HST credit and CCB payments, including those from related provincial or territorial programs
- family allowance payments and the supplement for handicapped children paid by the province of Quebec
- compensation received from a province or territory if you were a victim of a criminal act or a motor vehicle accident
Completing your tax return
Report on line 13000 the total of all of your other income types.
In the space to the left of line 13000, specify the type of income you are reporting. If you have more than one type of income, attach a note to your paper return giving the details.
Forms and publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: