Line 13000 – Other income: Other kinds of income

Note: Line 13000 was line 130 before tax year 2019.

Report the following income on line 13000 of your return:


If you received income that is exempt from tax under the Indian Act, complete Form T90, Income Exempt from Tax under the Indian Act, even if you received an information slip showing taxable income.


If you rolled over an amount to a registered disability savings plan (RDSP), see line 23200 for information about the corresponding deduction. For more information about RDSPs, see Guide T4040, RRSPs and Other Registered Plans for Retirement, and Guide RC4460, Registered Disability Savings Plan.

Did you know: Benefits

Did you know... 

You do not need to report certain non-taxable amounts as income, including the following:

  • most lottery winnings
  • most gifts and inheritances
  • amounts paid by Canada or an allied country (if the amount is not taxable in that country) for disability or death of a war veteran due to war service
  • GST/HST credit and Canada child benefit (CCB) payments, including those from related provincial or territorial programs
  • family allowance payments and the supplement for handicapped children paid by the province of Quebec
  • compensation received from a province or territory if you were a victim of a criminal act or a motor vehicle accident
  • most amounts received from a life insurance policy following someone's death
  • most types of strike pay you received from your union, even if you perform picketing duties as a requirement of membership


Income earned on any of the above amounts (such as interest you earn when you invest lottery winnings) is taxable

Completing your tax return

Report on line 13000 of your return the total of all of your other income types.

In the space to the left of line 13000, specify the type of income you are reporting. If you have more than one type of income, attach a note to your paper return giving the details.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: