Rental income Line 126 - Net Line 160 - Gross
Rental income is income you earn from renting property that you own or have use of. You can own property by yourself or with someone else. Rental income includes income from renting a house, apartments, rooms, space in an office building, or other real or movable property.
- Do you have rental income or business income?
Are you a sole owner, co-owner, or a member of a partnership?
- Current expenses or capital expenses?
What is the difference between a current and a capital expense and how to report them.
- Capital cost allowance (CCA) for rental property
What is CCA, how much can be claimed, classes of depreciable properties, how to complete the charts on Form T776, Statement of Real Estate Rentals.
- Completing Form T776, Statement or Real Estate Rentals
- Rental losses
- Principal residence and other real estate
What is a principal residence, how you designate a property as such, and what happens when you sell it.
- GST/HST new residential rental property rebate
Find out if you can apply for this rebate.
- Accounting methods
- Keeping records
- Rental expenses you can deduct
- Rental income and non-resident tax
Information for non-residents with rental income, electing to file a tax return under section 216 of the Income Tax Act, and the section 216 late-filing policy.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Guide
- Guide T4036, Rental Income
- T4144, Income Tax Guide for Electing Under Section 216
- Form NR6, Undertaking to File an Income Tax Return by a Non-Resident Receiving Rent from Real Property or Receiving a Timber Royalty
- Form T776, Statement of Real Estate Rentals
- Slip T5003, Statement of Tax Shelter Information
- Slip T5013, Statement of Partnership Income
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: