How to grant authorization to a representative

You can give access to your representative with or without online access. If you are a non-resident of Canada, go to Representatives for non-resident accounts.


You can provide the CRA with your authorization by one of the following methods:


You can authorize, change or view the representatives the CRA has on your file, using the Authorize my representative service found at My Account. To use My Account, you have to register for a CRA user ID and password, which includes the mailing of a CRA security code.


If you want a list of your representatives, you can view it by using My Account, you may call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 or you can send your request by mail to your tax centre.

After granting authorization to a new representative, you may want to cancel a representative you had previously granted authorization to.

By mail

Before submitting Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative, make sure the CRA has your current mailing address by visiting My Account or by calling the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Send your completed Form T1013 to your tax centre where you send your tax return. If you are not sure which tax centre is yours, look on your most recent notice of assessment or reassessment.

In order for the CRA to accept your request, you must have a valid account number with the CRA and the form must be signed and dated.

Online access can only be provided to representatives with a RepID, a GroupID or a Business number (BN). Should you wish to provide your representative with online access, they must register online at representatives.

Our goal is to process T1013 forms within published service standards.

If the form is not completed correctly with all the necessary information, the form will not be processed. Also, if the CRA does not receive your completed Form T1013 within 6 months of its signature date, the form will not be processed.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: