Do you have to contribute to the CPP?
As a CPP working beneficiary, you have to contribute to the CPP, unless you are in one of the following situations:
• You are an employee working in Quebec
• Your employment income is not subject to the CPP
• You are self-employed and a resident of Quebec
• You are at least 65 years of age, but under 70, and have elected to stop paying CPP contributions
For more information on the requirement to pay CPP contributions, go to Service Canada.
Forms and publications
- CPT30, Election to Stop Contributing to the Canada Pension Plan, or Revocation of a Prior Election
- Schedule 8, Canada Pension Plan Contributions and Overpayment for 2020 – Common to all EXCEPT for Quebec
- Schedule 8, Quebec Pension Plan Contributions for 2020 – For Quebec only
- RC381, Inter-Provincial Calculation for CPP and QPP Contributions and Overpayments for 2020
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: