Accumulated Income Payments (AIPs)
AIPs are amounts, usually paid to the subscriber, of the income earned from an RESP. An AIP does not include:
- the payment of educational assistance payments (EAPs);
- payments to a designated educational institution in Canada;
- the refund of contributions to the subscriber or to the beneficiary;
- transfers to another RESP; or
- repayments under the Canada Education Savings Act or under a designated provincial program.
AIPs cannot be made as a single joint payment to separate subscribers.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: