What’s new – Film and media tax credits
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information related to the Film and Media Tax Credits (FMTC). Updates are organized by date.
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is resuming its requirement to submit certificates (for example, Eligibility, Accreditation and Completion certificates) when applying for the FMTC. You can submit your certificates to the CRA using a new feature available on My Business Account. You can also submit the certificates by fax, regular mail or at the time of filing your T2 corporation income tax return through EFILE.
A new feature is now available on My Business Account (MyBA) for claimants without a case or reference number (note that a case or reference number is usually provided by the CRA when you are asked to submit additional documents to support a previous submission). This new feature allows MyBA registrants to voluntarily submit documents to the Film and Media Tax Credits Program in a secure and convenient way.
You can select one or more of the following tasks from a picklist if you have documents to submit:
- T2029 waiver forms for late-filed Part B applications at CAVCO
- Eligibility and Completion certificates
- Other documents
If you do not have a case or reference number and you want to submit Form T2029 Waiver in respect of the normal reassessment period or extended reassessment period, follow these steps:
- Sign in to MyBA.
- Select Submit documents.
- Choose the No case or reference number? option.
- Choose the Film and Media Tax Credits (FMTC) option from the picklist.
- Choose the T2029 waiver forms for late-filed Part B applications at CAVCO task to upload your T2029 waiver form.
- Once your documents are successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation number and a reference number. Take note of these and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
For more information, visit Submit documents online.
Film and media tax credits - COVID-19 topics can help address questions about COVID-19 related expenditures for the FMTC.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: