After you authorize your representative
After you authorize your representative, it is your responsibility to:
- monitor and understand the transactions your representative completes on your behalf by going to My Account for Individuals;
- make sure the information about your representatives is up-to-date;
- review the CRA’s list of services and make sure that your representatives should still be authorized to represent you;
- cancel the authorization for any representative that you don’t need anymore;
- update the CRA with any changes to your marital status, address, or direct deposit information, since your representative can’t do it for you
If you think your representative is not acting in your best interest, immediately cancel the authorization so they no longer have access to your information.
Under subsection 241(5) of the Income Tax Act, the CRA has the legal discretion to decide if it will disclose information about a taxpayer to another person upon the consent of the taxpayer.
Forms and publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: