Language selection


COVID-19 rent and property expense support for businesses

Change or cancel your claim

On this page

Claim period deadlines

There is a deadline to:

  • apply for each claim period, or
  • increase the amount of your claim

The deadline is 180 days after the end of the claim period.

Note: All claim periods for the CERS are now closed. It is no longer possible to apply for or increase the amount of any CERS claims.

There is no deadline to:

  • cancel a claim, or
  • reduce the amount of a past claim

Change a claim

Note: Making changes to a claim online is also available for THRP and HHBRP as of April 25, 2022.

To change a THRP or HHBRP rent subsidy application, or reduce the amount of a previous CERS application you submitted, sign into:

Access the application you want to change by choosing COVID-19 rent subsidies from the navigation menu.

You will need to make sure you continue to meet eligibility requirements for any updated claims, and keep records supporting your rent subsidy claim adjustment.

To change your application you will need:

  • your ZA account number (123456789ZA0001, for example)
  • to know which claim period you are adjusting
  • all of the information necessary to change the amount on each line(s) you would like to adjust

Representatives who are changing a claim on behalf of an entity must be authorized at level 2 or 3. You will need to have an updated Attestation for owner/managers and/or senior employees to support the amended application.

Switch a claim from one subsidy to another

If you claimed the wrong subsidy for a past claim period that is still open for applications and need to apply for a different one, you must cancel your previous claim for that period and then make your new claim.

For example, if you claimed the HHBRP in period 26 and realize before the deadline that the THRP would have resulted in a higher subsidy, you must cancel your HHBRP claim for period 26 and then submit a THRP claim for period 26.

Cancel a claim

Note: Canceling a claim online is also available for THRP and HHBRP as of April 25, 2022.

To cancel a rent subsidy application, sign into:

After you sign in:

  • Choose the application you want to cancel
  • Change the amounts on lines 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, and 310 to zero
    • Do not change any other fields, including the property information details

You will need to return any rent subsidy you have already received if you cancel your application.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: