Applications Developer- Intermediate and Senior Level
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$69,350 - $84,360
$78,800 - $95,870
|Status||Indeterminate (permanent) or Term|
We are looking to hire Applications Developers at the intermediate and senior levels in the Information Technology branches. This team provides expertise and solutions required to advance the Service’s intelligence operations by having the highest quality employees and latest technologies.
Applications Developers will:
- Conduct tactical development to solve real time problems for officers in the field.
- Engage with operational stakeholders to ensure requirements & objectives are understood and met to ensure the best possible solution for the operation.
- Collaborate with domestic & foreign intelligence partners to solve problems, conduct joint projects and share technical knowledge.
Undergraduate or Master’s Degree or Technologist/Professional technologist equivalency designation in:
- Computer Science with a software or network/computer security focus.
- Engineering with a software or network/computer security focus.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience.
Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience.
Undergraduate degree and three (3) years of relevant experience.
Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and four (4) years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience is defined as experience performing software development in a coding or designing capacity within the last five (5) years.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience developing software using one (1) or more of the following compiled languages C/C++, C#, objective C, Java.
- Experience adhering to software development best practices and software design methodologies.
- Experience working with network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, SSL, DNS)
- Experience with configuring and/or manipulating networking devices or their software stacks (e.g. WiFi access points, switches, routers, firewalls, etc).
- Experience in mobile application development on mobile operating systems
- Experience in development involving the use of encryption and cryptographic algorithms
- Experience developing applications accessing RDBMS databases such as : Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
- Experience developing applications accessing queues such as : Rabbit Q, MQSeries
- Experience developing applications processing a high volume of data in a mission critical and high availability environment, using parallel processing, threading techniques and clustering approach
- Problem Solving
Conditions of Employment
Various language requirements:
- English Essential
- Bilingual non-imperative (BBB/BBB)
Note: For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
A written examination will be administered as a screening tool in order to assess the candidates’ relevant technical knowledge.
IT Market Modifier designated positions; therefore successful candidates may be eligible to the IT Market Modifier.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: