Digital Communications Officer
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Job Category||Entry Level|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$65,460 - $79,640|
|Language Requirement||Bilingual Imperative
The Digital Communications Officer works as part of a team responsible for the management and ongoing development of the CSIS websites (intranet and Canada.ca) while conforming to CSIS guidelines, as well as government requirements on security, privacy, accessibility, official languages, and common look and feel standards.
- Code web pages and post files on CSIS websites, and assist in writing and editing content when needed.
- Consult with clients and colleagues, obtain and provide information, discuss and confirm requirements, and provide support in the delivery of digital communications services.
- Research and analyze trends and emerging issues in the digital communications environments, and report on findings.
- Provide support in the planning, coordination and management of regular updates of information on CSIS websites.
- Keep current on web and digital media techniques and their application.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of experience* within the last five (5) years.
- College diploma and two (2) years of experience* within the last five (5) years.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Experience in web development in a Content Management Systems, including Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience in coordinating and assisting with content development for webpages, intranet sites, SharePoint sites and others including Drupal.
- Experience in developing web pages using either ASP, XHTML 1.0 Strict, Dreamweaver and CSS or equivalent.
- Experience using analytic programs, such as WebTrends and Google Analytics, to run reports and prepare analysis of data.
- Experience in providing advice related to website design and webpage development.
- Experience in providing technical support and troubleshooting problems.
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Client Service
- Innovation / Creativity / Ingenuity
Conditions of Employment
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to building a workforce that is truly representative of the Canadians it serves by cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. This will be achieved by increasing employment equity group representation (including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and women) at all levels within the organization through hiring and talent management practices. We will also ensure that appropriate accommodations are made (e.g., specialized equipment, changes to physical workspace) to provide employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. In support of achieving a greater, diverse and skilled workforce, we strongly encourage those individuals who belong to one or more of the employment equity groups to self-identify when applying.
Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: