Human Resources Officer
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$61,380 - $74,670
English Essential (EE-AE)
Bilingual Imperative (CBC/CBC)
- Advise managers and employees on the application of HR policies, directives, guidelines, standards, processes and procedures to ensure understanding and compliance with HR policies and programs or service delivery requirements.
- Provide recommendations on possible courses of action and products to HR Advisor and/or management by conducting research, preliminary interviews, an analysis of requirements and/or issues to be addressed and/or identifying precedents.
- Analyze and process routine client requests and develop justifications to support actions taken.
- Coordinate and initiate action to assist in resolving information gaps by referring, discussing and providing alternatives, promoting HR principles/best practices and/or providing data.
- Coordinate HR activities by applying recognized methodologies and ensuring compliance with HR principles
- Maintain and update HR documentation, databases and files within assigned area.
- Provide input and recommendations for changes to HR procedures and practices.
- Undergraduate degree in a human resources, labour/industrial relations or organizational development program or HR certification recognized by Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Canada/Human Resources Professionals Association (Ontario) and two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to the position, such as psychology, public or business administration, education sciences, social sciences and two (2) years of relevant (within last five (5) years) experience.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Experience in providing services to clients in a Human Resources environment.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in conducting research and analysis and in providing options and/or recommendations on a variety of HR related matters such as HR planning, classification, staffing/recruitment or labour relations.
- Analytical skills
- Client Service
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
Conditions of Employment
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency base interview.
- English Essential (Toronto Region)
- Bilingual Imperative - CBC (Ottawa Region)
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: