Information Technology Analyst
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Job Category||Entry Level
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$73,970 - $89,970
$65,460 - $79,640
|Allowance||This position is eligible for the Technology Market Modifier, which is valued at 7% of the basic annual salary. This brings the total compensation range to $79,142 - $96,268 and $70,042 - $85,215|
Term - 1 year
The Information Technology Solutions and Services (ITSS) Branch is the centralized authority for all matters pertaining to the automation and delivery of corporate Information Technology (IT) services. We design and develop innovative information technology applications and systems and provide ongoing support of core information systems and services to enhance CSIS’ ability to fulfill its mandate.
Come work in an environment that allows you to apply your technical abilities in order to innovate new ways in which we can meet our mandate. We want you to be a part of our supportive, diverse, innovative team, if this sounds like the place you want to work and apply your technical knowledge, we hope you will apply.
Depending on the position, job functions may include one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Support, design, develop, enhance, and implement computer application systems and programs.
- Evaluate the performance of existing computer systems, plan and direct upgrades and improvements, troubleshoot problems / test and resolve issues.
- Provide recommendations to enhance IT systems and services.
- Support, administer, configure, and install software and hardware products and systems.
- Implement new products or upgrades in a network operating system environment by determining the feasibility, the cost / benefit, assessing the impact to all clients.
- Liaise with clients (including senior management and executive), partners and external vendors to resolve issues and recommend next steps.
- Develop, evaluate and test new technologies.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 first tier management and support.
- Research, analyze and recommend current trends, standards, practices and/or products, such as ITIL methodologies, in an IT environment.
- Analyze requirements and/or provide advice and guidance on IT matters to various audiences such as business partners and management.
- Work in a client service environment and deal directly with employees of different levels
- Provide access to all IT network services.
- Responsible for authorized changes/releases to the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for Configuration Management.
Undergraduate degree or Technologist diploma or a Professional technologist equivalency designation within one of the following fields:
- Computer science
- Network Security
- Similar engineering disciplines
- Business Relationship Management Program
The educational program needs to be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada, no problem we will work with you to obtain the required proof of Canadian equivalency.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience
- Underfill – no experience requirement.
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience
- Underfill – no experience requirement.
Underfill: Candidates who do not meet the required years of relevant experience will be considered as an underfill. All underfills will be required to meet the requirements noted below through achieving specific experience and objectives set in their training plan in order to subsequently be appointed to the full working level.
Candidates must possess experience in one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Collaboration Tools Analyst: SharePoint, Exchange, BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Network Operations Centre Analyst: the monitoring, support and management of computing and telecommunication networks including their security. Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Admin (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Admin (MCSE) and ITIL Foundation certification are considered assets.
- Access Management Analyst: Active Directory or eDirectory tools, processes and best practices for the administration of group membership, permissions and policies relating to network, file, print and application provisioning.
- Change / Release Management Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), good knowledge of IT Change Management / Coordination or & Release Management processes, best practices, experience in ITSM (IT Service Management) tools. Coordination toolset(s) or technologies.
- Configuration Management Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage); ITIL (certification an asset), good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language, best practices, experience in configuration and asset management and ITSM (IT Service Management) tools, experience in IT hardware and software procurement
- Network / Communications Specialist: CISCO, Certified Cisco Network Admin (CCNA, MCITP, CCNP), TCIP, IPSec, SNMP, OSPF, VoIP systems.
- Telephony Communications Specialist: CS1000/Meridian TDM Telephone system, Telephony Manager , Nortel / Avaya voice messaging systems, Call Pilot and legacy Meridian Mail voice messaging systems, Avaya Aura Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager and Messaging, ISDN, SIP and H.323, LINUX operating system, Routing, VLAN’s, Tandberg video conferencing systems, etc.).
- Server & Storage Specialist: Server virtualization (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V), virtual desktop infrastructures (VMware View/Horizon), public & private cloud (Microsoft Azure, VMware vRealize), virtual storage (VMware vSAN), storage fabrics (iSCSI, Fiber Channel), SAN appliances (NetApp A, E & FAS), backup systems and disaster recovery technologies (IBM Spectrum Protect, formally Tivoli Storage Manager), High availability or business continuity (Zerto), server operating systems (Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS), scripting languages (Microsoft PowerShell, BASH), server hardware (HPE) including converged/hyper-converged/composable infrastructures.
- Business Relationship Management Analyst: ITIL, ServiceNow, Business Relationship Management, building and maintaining effective relationships or partnerships for the purposes of delivering projects or services.
- Service Management Analyst: ITIL, process definition and improvements, performance measurement and reporting, IT Service Management platform support and administration, Service Catalog management
- Service Desk Analyst: IT Service Desk, providing end user support in a multi-system environment, working in a client service environment and dealing directly with employees of different levels, using IT Service Management tools (i.e. ServiceNow)
- Quality Assurance Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), functional, quality and/or load testing, function and quality toolset(s), technologies and/or methodologies. IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), functional, quality OR load testing, function and quality toolset(s), technologies / methodologies.
- Enterprise Management Tools Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), IT enterprise tool administration and configuration, IT service management or tools / technologies and scripting languages (e.g., Shell scripting, VB scripting, etc.).
- IT Security Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), IT security principles and related methodologies, IT security technologies.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
Various linguistic profiles:
- BBB / BBB Imperative
- BBB / BBB Non Imperative
- BBC / BBC Imperative
- English Essential
- French Essential
- English or French Essential
For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
An exam may be administered as a screening tool in order to assess the candidates’ relevant technical knowledge.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
To help in the selection process please clearly articulate the following in your cover letter:
- Your Education - what field you studied in and when you graduated (Please refer to the Education section for a list of fields of study we are hoping to hire from)
- Your Experience – what related experience do you have in your field of study and how many years (Please refer to the Experience section for ideas)
- Other related experience you may find valuable for us to know
- Are you bilingual? Are you proficient in both French and English or are you fluent in any other languages? Be sure to let us know if you are.
- What do you want to tell us about you specifically? What are your strengths and what motivates you? (Please refer to the Competencies section for a list of attributes we look for in our team members)
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to building a workforce that is truly representative of the Canadians it serves by cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. This will be achieved by increasing employment equity group representation (including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and women) at all levels within the organization through hiring and talent management practices. We will also ensure that appropriate accommodations are made (e.g., specialized equipment, changes to physical workspace) to provide employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. In support of achieving a greater, diverse and skilled workforce, we strongly encourage those individuals who belong to one or more of the employment equity groups to self-identify when applying.
Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: