IT Graduates Recruitment
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Reference Number||18- 968-07-081|
|Job Category||Entry Level
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$65,460 - $79,640|
Indeterminate (permanent) or
Term - 1 year
|Language Requirement||Various linguistic requirements
We are seeking upcoming and recent graduates from Information Technology Programs who are interested in joining an organization that offers opportunities to work in a stimulating and challenging environment, where technology plays a crucial and strategic role.
Our IT professionals are involved in creating or maintaining solutions, systems, platforms and tools, or skillfully integrating existing commercially off the shelf products, with the overall objective of protecting Canada and its citizens against terrorism, espionage and other threats to national security.
Candidates applying must be a graduate or within one (1) year of obtaining a university bachelor’s degree, Masters degree or technologist designation in the field of Information Technology.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Upcoming and recent Information Technology graduates will be considered for one of following technology streams:
IT Software Solutions:
- Develop complex software applications to meet demanding architectural standards
- Liaise closely with business analysts and end users
- Develop solutions that enable our partners to deliver on their activities
- Support the full software delivery cycle
- Build on your knowledge of development methodologies and techniques
- Work on IT projects and innovation initiatives to support the IT services provided to our internal clients and partners
- Troubleshoot technical problems, deploy new systems, or implement business changes
- Engage in a broad range of opportunities, ranging from networking and infrastructure technologies, client services delivery and change management
- Develop exposure to how IT supports and strengthens the organization's capabilities in fulfilling its mandate
You will be employed on an underfill basis until you acquire the required experience to reach the full working level of the position, which will normally range between 12 to 24 months.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
Some positions have a 24/7 shift requirement
Various language requirements:
- English Essential (EE/AE)
- Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB)
For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
IT Market Modifier designated positions; therefore successful candidates may be eligible to the IT Market Modifier.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: