Operations and Support Technician
ImportantDo not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Reference Number||19- 968-07-087|
|Job Category||Entry Level|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$69,350 - $84,360|
|Language Requirement||English Essential (EE/EE)|
The position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the regions IT Infrastructure components and multimedia requirements.
1. Evaluate the performance of existing systems. Plan and direct upgrades and improvements. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
2. Analyze and define user requirements and perform technical experimentation and feasibility studies in development and test environments.
3. Analyse and synthesize to identify problem patterns, perform research and make recommendations to improve the reliability and maintainability of systems.
4. Assess and validate technology service options prior to deployment, by leveraging industry best practices and historical information.
5. Liaise with peers and clients to resolve escalated technical issues.
6. Participate as a technical advisor/consultant on divisional projects and strategic planning.
7. Provide training to colleagues.
8. Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and best practices.
9. Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to systems and support services.
- Undergraduate Degree* and two (2) years of relevant** experience
- Technologist diploma* and two (2) year of relevant** experience
- Professional technologist equivalency designation* and two (2) years of relevant** experience
- College diploma* and two (2) years of relevant** experience
*Fields of study: Computer Science, electrical, network security, IT security, telecommunications or computer engineering
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience
**Relevant Experience is defined as experience working in the maintenance, delivery or support of technology systems.
In addition to the experience requirements listed above, ideal candidates may bring experience in the following areas:
- Support the Regions 3D printer including doing the designs based on operational requirements (training on the 3D printer would be provided if necessary)
- Knowledge of photography, cameras and 3D graphic design basics.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Client Service
- Interpersonal Skills
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: