Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Reference Number||19- 968-07-033|
|Job Category||Subject Matter Expert|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$69,350 - $84,360|
|Status||Term - 1 year|
|Language Requirement||Bilingual Non-imperative (BBB/BBB)|
The Production Technician is responsible to provide the design, development, planning, testing and implementation of all aspects and practices related to operational and corporate multimedia requirements.
- Provide technical support and subject matter expertise related to video production, broadcasting and/or photography of multi-stakeholder projects. This includes the set up and operation of equipment related to the recording, filming and editing of events and productions in the studio and on location.
- Help to conceptualize projects by meeting with the client during all phases of production in order to ensure that what is being produced meets expectations, budget and deadlines.
- Coordinate and prepare the mobile setup of production equipment by transporting, installing, operating, dismantling and securing all audio and video equipment.
- Trouble-shoot technical audio-visual issues by testing equipment, identifying the problem and providing solutions.
- Monitor and coordinate audio and video equipment quality control and reliability by completing preventive maintenance and repairs of broadcast equipment.
- Liaise with internal and external clients and partners, as required, to maintain awareness of best practices and to ensure compatibility of formats, products and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of understanding and technical expertise on the acquisition, use and operation of various multimedia equipment in order to provide training and technical support on the operation of the equipment.
- Create multimedia files and assets from various resources (video, audio and photographs) to meet corporate and operational requirements, ensuring that new files and assets conform to corporate standards and are compatible with various systems.
- Research, evaluate and test new technologies, tools, procedures and applications in order to establish and update corporate standards.
- Check outgoing and incoming equipment for damage and malfunction and coordinate the archiving or disposal of audio/visual equipment.
- Recommend equipment upgrades and acquisitions, when required.
- Prepare reports and statistics on activities/productivity for management.
College diploma* in Broadcasting, Radio and Television or Electronics and four (4) of years of experience
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Four years of experience in the creation and delivery of multimedia and video projects and products.
Candidates must also possess:
- Two (2) years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud software.
- Two (2) years of experience in client service delivery.
The candidate will be asked to provide a demo reel at the competency interview.
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
Conditions of Employment
Upon appointment, an employee shall remain in their new position for two (2) years.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: