Team Lead - Information Management
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$61,380 - $74,670
Term 1- year
|Language Requirement||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Manage the activities of the Unit by maintaining the integrity of the files systems, establishing and scheduling activities, prioritizing work assignments, allocating staff to meet fluctuation in workload, evaluating work performance and providing training.
- Develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement procedures, guidelines and assess functionality of new systems.
- Implement and apply policies related to Information Management
- Investigate and respond to inquiries and recommend solutions to the Head.
- Liaise and make recommendations to clients and IM management on issues related to Information Holdings.
- Plan, organize, evaluate and conduct record improvement studies and compose reports for management.
- Direct, guide and advise employees on proper records management practices to ensure availability of information to clients.
- Undergraduate degree two (2) years of relevant and recent experience
- College diploma and four (4) years of relevant and recent experience
Relevant programs of study include but are not limited to:
- Information and Records Management
- Library Science
- Archival Studies
- Business Administration
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as:
- Experience working in an Information Management support capacity including research, analysis and life cycle information management
- Experience delivering client service to employees in an Information Management environment including but not limited to providing guidance and advice on the interpretation of related policies and procedures
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in writing reports such as status reports, briefing notes, presentations, etc. using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience working on projects related to Information Management
- Experience with computer applications pertaining to Information Management functions
- Experience in supervising employees and/or resources.
- Analytical Skills
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Supervisory/Management skills
Conditions of Employment
Please note that for all experience requirements listed in this tabloid, the selection committee is looking for recent experience, that is, experience acquired within the past five (5) years.
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency based interview.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: