Canadian Retirement Income Calculator
The Canadian Retirement Income Calculator will provide you with retirement income information. This includes the Old Age Security (OAS) pension and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement benefits. To estimate your retirement incomes from various sources, you will need to work through a series of modules. You will then need to compare them to your goal income. It also allows you to see the impact of the changes you make in how you save.
If you are married or living in a common-law relationship, you must each use the calculator separately and compare your results to understand your overall situation. It is also important for couples to know how a partner's death or the end of the relationship could affect their financial situation.
The calculator's results are estimates. You should not use them for financial planning.
The calculator does not collect personal information or identifiers.
What do I need to begin
It will take you approximately 30 minutes to use the calculator. To get the most out of your session, you may wish to have access to the following:
- CPP Statement of Contributions or QPP Statement of Participation
- financial information about your employer pension (if applicable)
- recent RRSP statement(s) (if applicable)
- statements for other savings that will provide ongoing monthly retirement income (annuities, foreign pensions; survivor pensions, etc.)
To use this calculator you must have access to a modern Web browser. For example:
- Microsoft Edge (version 85 or newer)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 68 or newer)
- Safari (version 13.1.2 or newer)
- Google Chrome (version 84 or newer)
In an effort to continuously improve our online services to Canadians, we would appreciate your feedback.
- Date modified: