- Renew or apply for your commercial fishing licence
- Commercial fishery openings and closures
- Recreational fishing rules and licences by province or territory
- Report a maritime emergency, poaching, pollution, hazard or wildlife in distress
- Shellfish harvesting closures in your area
- New Aquaculture Activity Regulations
- Purchase a migratory game bird hunting permit
Services and information
Programs that support Aboriginal fisheries, and funding for commercial fishing and conservation.
Pacific and Yukon, Atlantic and Arctic, licences, exporting, quotas, statistics, openings, closures.
Licences, regulations, funding for conservation projects, awards, industry statistics and data.
Facts, statistics and regulations on Canada’s seal harvest, and the six species of seals affected.
Conservation, research, regulations, monitoring and permits relating to migratory birds.
Harvesting closures, reporting problems on the water, shellfish safety and identification
Sustainable fish and shellfish farming, licences, regulations, statistics, science and research.
What we are doing
British Columbia recreational fishing licences
A Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence is required when fishing tidal waters or freshwater salmon in B.C. Your licence is available online or from an Independent Access Provider.
If you observe a fisheries violation, you are encouraged to report it. In any province or territory, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review
Biannual 2017 review of the aquaculture R&D projects from across Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: