Fishing and hunting

Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and migratory bird hunting.


Services and information

Aboriginal fishing

Programs that support Aboriginal fisheries, and funding for commercial fishing and conservation.

Commercial fishing

Pacific and Yukon, Atlantic and Arctic, licences, exporting, quotas, statistics, openings, closures.

Recreational fishing

Licences, regulations, funding for conservation projects, industry statistics and data.

Seals and sealing

Facts, statistics and regulations on Canada’s seal harvest, and the six species of seals affected.

Migratory birds

Conservation, research, regulations, monitoring and permits relating to migratory birds.

Shellfish harvesting and safety

Harvesting closures, reporting problems on the water, shellfish safety and identification


Sustainable fish and shellfish farming, licences, regulations, statistics, science and research.

What we are doing


British Columbia recreational fishing licences

A Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence is required when fishing tidal waters or freshwater salmon in B.C. Your licence is available online or from an Independent Access Provider.

Report poaching

If you observe a fisheries violation, you are encouraged to report it. In any province or territory, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review

Biannual 2017 review of the aquaculture R&D projects from across Canada.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: