What's in Canada's climate plan
The 2016 Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change is Canada’s plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, grow the economy, and build resilience to a changing climate. It is an important first step for Canada to achieve its Paris Agreement target, and has put Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions on a strong downward trend.
A Healthy Environment and a Healthy Economy builds on the work done to date and underway through the Pan-Canadian Framework to exceed Canada’s current 2030 greenhouse gas reduction target. It is a key pillar in the Government’s commitment to create over one million jobs, restoring employment to pre-pandemic levels. It will establish the building blocks to build a cleaner, more competitive and resilient economy and get Canada to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- A Healthy Environment and a Healthy Economy: Canada’s strengthened climate plan to create jobs and support people, communities and the planet (PDF)
- Annex: Modelling and Analysis of A Healthy Environment and a Healthy Economy (PDF)
- Annex: Pricing Carbon Pollution (PDF)
- Annex: Clean Fuel Standard – Liquid Fuels (PDF)
- Annex: Clean Electricity (PDF)
- Annex: Clean Transportation (PDF)
- Annex: Clean Industry (PDF)
- Annex: Homes and Buildings (PDF)
- Annex: Climate-smart Agriculture (PDF)
- Annex: Reducing Waste (PDF)
- Annex: Natural Climate Solutions (PDF)
- Annex: Greening Government (PDF)
- Annex: Gender Based Analysis Plus (PDF)
- Annex: Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change – Progress Report (PDF)
Putting a price on pollution
See how putting a price on pollution can lower emissions, have cleaner air, have a healthier environment, and open opportunities for businesses with clean solutions.
See a snapshot of our current progress to protect the environment and grow the economy.
Climate action map
See how we are fighting climate change in communities across the country.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: