Opioid crisis in Canada
Opioids are drugs that include prescribed pain relievers, heroin and fentanyl. Problematic use may lead to a substance use disorder, overdose and death.
Information about opioids and overdose.
Government actions to address the opioid crisis.
What you can do
How you can help those around you.
- Drug and alcohol use during spring break
- FINTRAC publishes indicators of money laundering linked to fentanyl trafficking
- Statement from the Co-Chairs of Special Advisory Committee on the Epidemic of Opioid Overdoses on Updates to Opioid-Related Mortality Data
- Information Update - Health Canada strengthens safety information for all opioid drugs
- Statement from the Minister of Health Regarding the Opioid Crisis
- National consultation on the Section 56 exemption requirement for methadone prescribing
- Federal approach on Canada’s opioid crisis
- National report: Apparent opioid-related deaths in Canada (December 2017)
- Government of Canada Actions on Opioids: 2016 and 2017
- Infographic: Apparent opioid-related deaths in Canada in 2016 (August 2017)
Join the conversation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: