Federal corrections and parole
Learn about how a victim can obtain information regarding an offender who has harmed them and about the role victims can play in the federal corrections and parole systems.
A secure online portal that allows registered victims, and/or their named representatives, to access services and information which they are entitled to under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA).
Find out how a victim can register to receive information and notifications about the federal offender who harmed them.
Learn more about what information can be disclosed to a victim under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA).
Victims can provide a statement to express how an offender's crime has impacted their lives. Learn more about how victim statements are used throughout an offender's sentence and during the parole decision-making process.
Learn more about the Restorative Opportunities program that offers victims a chance to communicate with the federal offender who harmed them.
Find out about federal corrections and the services provided to victims of federal offenders.
Find out about parole and victims' role in the parole process.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Corrections and Conditional Release Act
- Commissioner's Directive 784 – Victim Engagement
- Commissioner's Directive 785 – Restorative Opportunities Program and Victim-Offender Mediation Services
- Commissioner's Directive 786 - Victim Complaints
- Correctional Service Canada (CSC) Victim Services
- Parole Board of Canada Victim's Guide to Information Services
- Date modified: