Charities and giving
Charities and giving
Charities listings, register and run a charity, and charitable tax credits.
The Charities Directorate's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
View the latest information on the:
- Charities Directorate call centre operations
- review of applications for charitable registration during the COVID-19 pandemic
- T3010 filing deadline extension for charities
- resumption of compliance activities
Find more information on tax and benefits measures to help support Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Services and information
Find a charity or other qualified donee, their registered status, and their publicly available information.
Lists of qualified donees, their application processes and obligations.
Search for information about charities and giving.
Apply for charitable registration or other qualified donee. Re-registration. Objections and appeals.
Filing a return, gifting and receipting, charitable activities, books and records.
Activities, issuing receipts for fundraising events, cause-related marketing.
Types of revocation, consequences, annulment, re-registration.
Calculate your charitable tax credits, find out which documents you need.
Audit process, consequences of non-compliance, sanctions and appeal rights
Donate wisely, help victims of a disaster, list of organizations that can issue receipts.
Guidance products and policies, videos, forms, checklists and Charities information sessions.
Recent news and updates on our webpages.
Their regulation and obligations, how they differ from non-profit organizations.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- P113 - Gifts and income tax
- T4033 - Completing the Registered Charity Information Return
- RC4424 - Completing the Tax Return Where Registration of a Charity is Revoked
- T3010 - Registered Charity Information Return
- T1236 - Qualified Donees Worksheet / Amounts provided to other organizations
- T2046 - Tax Return Where Registration of a Charity is Revoked
T3010 extended filing deadline: Don’t wait! File online, file early.
Avoid processing delays and get answers to your questions well in advance of the December 31st deadline.
The CRA has established the Advisory Committee on the Charitable Sector.
Digital services are here
Digital tools are now available to help serve YOU better. Sign up for My Business Account today!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: