Return the payment

If you were not eligible for the one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit, you will have to return the $500 payment.

Return or repay the one-time payment if you:

If you received a payment you did not apply for:

How to return or repay the payment

You can make your repayment to the CRA online, by mail, or in person.

For options, go to make a payment.

If you have the original cheque

You can return the cheque by mail.

Be sure to include:

  • the reason for returning the cheque
  • your social insurance number (SIN) or temporary tax number (TTN)

Mail the cheque to:

Revenue Processing – Repayment of the one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit payment
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 0C3

If you cannot repay the payment in full

Contact the CRA to help you arrange to pay your debt over time.

The CRA does not charge interest on one-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit debts.

The CRA may keep all or a portion of future payments, income tax refunds, or goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credits until your balance owing is repaid. This may also apply to other federal, provincial and territorial programs that the CRA administers.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Page details

Date modified: