- Email Transformation Initiative
- Data Centre Consolidation Initiative
- Telecommunications Transformation Program
- Workplace Technology Devices
Shared Services Canada (SSC) has started to build a solid foundation upon which government operations can be renewed and partner projects delivered in order to meet the changing needs of tomorrow’s public service and to better serve Canadians. To implement our transformation plan, we will:
- consolidate and standardize the email systems, data centres and networks of partner organizations across government, in addition to our own at SSC;
- consolidate the procurement of workplace technology devices, including hardware and software, to leverage economies of scale and reduce duplication; and
- ensure the security of the Government of Canada’s IT infrastructure meets or exceeds best practices of industry and other leading government agencies.
Savings – realize material cost savings and avoid future costs
Service – match service levels to partner and Government of Canada priorities
Security – provide a secure environment to meet program needs
Consolidating and modernizing the Government of Canada’s IT infrastructure will ensure the security of the federal government’s IT infrastructure meets or exceeds best practices of industry and other leading government agencies.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: