Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
1. Context for the Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
- sets out the Government of Canada’s sustainable development priorities
- establishes goals and targets
- identifies actions to achieve them, as required by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
In keeping with the objectives of the Act to make environmental decision-making more transparent and accountable to Parliament, Shared Services Canada supports reporting on the implementation of the FSDS and its Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy, or equivalent document, through the activities described in this supplementary information table.
Although Shared Services Canada is not bound by theFederal Sustainable Development Act and is not required to develop a full departmental sustainable development strategy, Shared Services Canada adheres to the principles of the FSDS by implementing the Policy on Green Procurement.
4. Report on integrating sustainable development
During the 2018–19 reporting cycle, Shared Services Canada had no proposals that required a Strategic Environmental Assessment. Public statements were made to announce that Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) has been awarded the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Purchaser Award for three years in a row, starting in 2015.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: