Advanced search

Find pages with...
Then narrow your results by...

About 35,057 search results

Métis and Non-Status Indians

May 23, 2019 ... of Métis and non-status Indians (MNSI) and other off-reserve Aboriginal organizations. In this role, the Directorate works to maintain and strengthen the Government of Canada's relationship with the two national Aboriginal organizations that represent MNSI people: the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples and the Métis National Council. The Directorate is also responsible

Elections Canada Online | The National Youth Election Survey Report: A Subgroup Analysis of Political and Civic Participation among Canadian Youth

Jul 17, 2019 ... be exercised in generalizing to Aboriginals living on reserve. There is only a small number of them in the 2015 NYS and living on a reserve has been associated with lower levels of reported voter turnout (see Fournier & Loewen, 2011). This notwithstanding, although the 2015 NYS wave contains fewer on-reserve Aboriginal youth respondents compared to the 2011 wave

Elections Canada Online | Electoral Insight – Aboriginal Participation in Elections

Jul 17, 2019 ... the participation of Aboriginal electors in the 2000 Canadian federal general election.Footnote 1 The differences between turnout rates for Aboriginal people and other Canadians and the differences across provinces and territories are analyzed using unpublished electoral data for First Nations reserves in each province and territory. Finally, certain implications

Elections Canada Online | Survey of Electors Following the 42nd General Election

Jul 5, 2019 ...) for identification purposes at polling sites serving seniors' residences, long-term care facilities, Aboriginal reserves and on-campus student residences. Changes brought by Bill C-23 prohibited the use of the VIC for identification purposes in 2015. The VIC was also not an accepted piece of identification in 2008. Return to source of Footnote 37 The order in which

Elections Canada Online | Turnout and Reasons for Not Voting During the 42nd General Election: Results from the Labour Force Survey

Jul 5, 2019 ... interested in politics (31.8%), followed by being too busy (23.5%). Together, these two reasons account for over half (55.3%) of the reasons mentioned for not voting. Other frequently mentioned reasons were an illness or disability (12.5%) and being out of town (11.9%). Table 1. Reasons for not voting, all non-voters, youth and Aboriginal people living off-reserve

Funding – Indigenous peoples and cultures

Jun 18, 2019 ... and Northern Affairs Canada Flickr Canadian Heritage Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada Services and information Aboriginal Peoples' Program Discover how this program works with Aboriginal Peoples, primarily off-reserve, to celebrate and strengthen their cultural distinctiveness as an integral part of Canadian society. Aboriginal Languages Initiative – Aboriginal

Information on the tax exemption under section 87 of the Indian Act

Jul 3, 2019 ... with all situations. Important notice If you are entitled to be registered as an Indian under Bill C-3 (also known as the Gender Equity in Indian Registration Act), you may qualify for the Indian Act tax exemption for property situated on a reserve starting on January 31, 2011. This is the date that Bill C-3 came into effect. Only income you earn, or purchases you

Elections Canada Online | Electoral Insight – Aboriginal Participation in Elections

Jul 17, 2019 ... Aboriginal communities and the Canadian state. Let us begin the discussion by presenting the data. Data A description of the nature of the data is in order.Footnote 6 The data for New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, presented in Tables 1–4, are a census of all polls that were wholly included within reserve boundaries. As a result, there can be a high degree of confidence

Elections Canada Online | Electoral Insight – Aboriginal Participation in Elections

Jul 17, 2019 ... the balkanization of society; that they restrict Aboriginal representatives to symbolic roles stripped of real power; and that they reserve "special treatment" for a minority group, and indeed are reminiscent of an apartheid system.Footnote 29 With respect to the second proposal, what is the point of reserving protected seats for Aboriginal people in an institution

Aboriginal peoples

Jun 10, 2019 ...Aboriginal peoples We want you to be aware of the tax benefits and requirements that apply to you. On this page, you will find links to documents that contain information you may find important. We will continue to add links in the future to serve you even better. Aboriginal people are subject to the same tax rules as other Canadian residents unless

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: