Mission, Vision, and Principles
Our mission is to increase awareness about taxpayer service rights and the services offered by our Office, to resolve individual complaints, and to improve the service that taxpayers receive from the CRA.
In every interaction, the CRA treats taxpayers fairly and serves them professionally.
- The Ombudsman operates at arm's length from the CRA.
- The Ombudsman is neither an advocate for the taxpayer, nor a defender of the CRA.
- The Ombudsman considers the position and perspective of both the taxpayer and the CRA when examining a complaint or issue.
- The Ombudsman acts with equity and justice.
- The Ombudsman holds all communications with those seeking assistance in strict confidence and does not disclose confidential communications unless given permission to do so.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: