The activities of the Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman are conducted by three sections working in unison.
Intake and Individual Examination
Our Intake staff are the first point of contact for taxpayers.
They assist taxpayers by:
- informing them of their rights;
- helping them access redress mechanisms within the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or other government departments; and
- processing complaints received.
Individual Examination Team
The Examination Officers work to resolve taxpayer complaints about service or fairness.
- conduct impartial examinations of complaints received;
- evaluate service and treatment of individual taxpayers by the CRA; and
- make findings based on the evidence.
Systemic Examination Section
Staff in the Systemic Examination Section look into issues that may negatively impact large numbers of taxpayers.
- identify systemic service or fairness issues;
- gather information from complainants, the CRA, and other stakeholders; and
- compile findings and prepare recommendations.
Communications and Corporate Services Section
Communications staff help to raise awareness of taxpayers' rights and the services provided by the Office.
- provide strategic advice on public affairs and stakeholder engagement;
- respond to media inquiries;
- identify and coordinate communications and outreach activities; and
- manage the Ombudsman's website.
Corporate Services Team
Corporate Services staff ensure organizational effectiveness and accountability.
- provide advice and integrated organizational services; and
- conduct corporate planning, quality assurance, financial management, human resources management, information management, contracting and information technology services.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: