The Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman is comprised of three collaborative working groups.
Our unit has three teams:
- Intake Team
- Individual Examination Team
- Systemic Examination Team
The Intake Team is the first point of contact for taxpayers.
They assist taxpayers and benefit recipients by:
- providing information on the Taxpayer Bill of Rights;
- helping them access redress mechanisms within the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or other government departments; and
- processing complaints received.
The Individual Examination Team works to resolve taxpayer complaints about service or fairness.
- conducts objective examinations of complaints received;
- evaluates service and treatment of individual taxpayers by the CRA; and
- makes findings based on the evidence.
The Systemic Examination Team looks into issues that may negatively impact large numbers of taxpayers or a segment of the population.
- identifies systemic service or fairness issues;
- gathers information from complainants, the CRA, and other stakeholders; and
- compiles findings and prepare recommendations.
The Communications team helps to raise awareness of taxpayers' rights and the services provided by our Office.
- provides strategic advice on public affairs and stakeholder engagement;
- responds to media inquiries;
- identifies and coordinate communications and outreach activities; and
- manages the Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman's website.
The Corporate Services Team ensures organizational effectiveness and accountability.
- provide advice and integrated organizational services; and
- conduct corporate planning, quality assurance, financial management, human resources management, information management, contracting and information technology services.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: