Minister Garneau announces appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector
May 21, 2019 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to their transportation positions.
Atlantic Pilotage Authority:
- John Patrick McCann (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) appointed as part-time vice-chair until December 13, 2021.
Federal Bridge Corporation Limited:
- Pascale Daigneault (Sarnia, Ontario) appointed as chairperson for a term of 2 years;
- John Lopinski (Port Colborne, Ontario) appointed as director for a term of 2 years;
- Rakesh Shreewastav (Toronto, Ontario) appointed as director for a term of 4 years.
Québec Port Authority:
- Edwin Bourget (Quebec, Quebec) appointed as director for a term of 3 years;
- Denis Desbiens (Lac-Beauport, Quebec) appointed as director for a term of 3 years.
Sept-Îles Port Authority:
- Serge Lévesque (Sept-Îles, Quebec) appointed as director for a term of 3 years.
Trois-Rivières Port Authority:
- Guylaine Laporte (Trois-Rivières, Quebec) appointed as director for a term of 3 years;
- Marie-Josée Gervais (Notre-Dame du Mont-Carmel, Quebec) appointed as director for a term of 3 years.
These appointments were made under the Government of Canada's new approach to Governor-in-Council appointments. This approach supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes that strive for gender parity, reflect Canada’s diversity, and support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio by providing them with information and referrals.
“I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, which follow our open, transparent and merit-based appointment process, will ensure continued good governance. I wish to thank outgoing board members for their valuable service.”
The Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
- Order in Council – John Patrick McCann
- Order in Council – Pascale Daigneault
- Order in Council – John Lopinski
- Order in Council - Rakesh Shreewastav
- Order in Council – Edwin Bourget
- Order in Council – Denis Desbiens
- Order in Council – Serge Lévesque
- Order in Council – Guylaine Laporte
- Order in Council – Marie-Josée Gervais
Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: