AI procurement for a digital world - Transcript
The Government of Canada is starting to use Artificial Intelligence to inform decision-making, be more efficient, and provide better services to Canadians.
While AI is a powerful tool, it must be used responsibly. We have to eliminate bias, be open about how AI is informing decisions, and ensure potential benefits are weighed against unintended results. That’s why we build responsible use into everything we do, including our first AI procurement process.
Here’s how the process works:
- First, interested suppliers must apply and demonstrate that they can deliver AI solutions in a responsible manner.
- The Government will then present them with challenges.
- Interested bidders will need to specify which challenges they’d like to work on.
- From this group, Government will pick three suppliers and randomly select another seven. These suppliers will be eligible to submit proposals.
- Finally, the Government will evaluate bids and award contracts.
This simpler, faster process will not only facilitate collaboration between Government and small and medium-sized enterprises, it will also ensure that we build ethics and responsibility into projects from start to finish.
Agile, transparent, collaborative: that’s procurement for a digital world. Find out more at Canada.ca.