Correctional Services (CX) Group Definition
Pursuant to paragraph 11.1(1)(b) of the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board of Canada hereby provides notice that the definition of the Correctional Services Group, effective , as published in Part I of the Canada Gazette, on , is revised and replaced by the following definition effective .
The Correctional Services Group comprises positions that are primarily involved in the custody, control and correctional influence of inmates in the institutions of Correctional Service Canada or the custody and control of detainees being held under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Security Certificates in federal holding centres or detention facilities and the training of staff engaged in custodial and correctional work at a Staff College of Correctional Service Canada.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, for greater certainty, it includes positions that have as their primary purpose, responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- the custody and control of inmates and the security of the institution;
- the custody and control of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Security Certificate detainees;
- the correctional influence of inmates with the continuing responsibility to relate actively and effectively to inmates;
- the admission and discharge of inmates, and the control of inmate visits and correspondence;
- the organization and implementation of recreational activities, the surveillance and control of inmates engaged in these activities and the custody and issue of recreational equipment;
- the training of staff in custodial and correctional procedures and techniques; and
- the leadership of any of the above activities.
Positions excluded from the Correctional Services Group are those whose primary purpose is included in the definition of any other group or those in which one or more of the following activities is of primary importance:
- the operation of heating plant, sewage facilities and water supplies and the provision of maintenance services;
- the provision of patient care that requires the application of a comprehensive knowledge of or specialized expertise in physical and mental health care;
- the provision of services and supplies to inmates; and
- the instruction of inmates in workshops, crafts, and training programs.
Job Evaluation Standard
Correctional Services (CX) Job Evaluation Standard
To obtain a copy of the CX Job Evaluation Standard please contact TBS Public Enquiries.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: