Electronics (EL) Group Definition
Pursuant to paragraph 11.1(1)(b) of the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board of Canada hereby provides notice that the Electronics Group effective as published in Part I of the Canada Gazette on is revised as follows upon the effective date of the Police Operations Support Group, .
The Electronics Group comprises positions that are primarily involved in the application of electronics technology to the design, construction, installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of electronic and associated equipment, systems and facilities and the development and enforcement of regulations and standards governing the use of such equipment.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, for greater certainty, it includes positions that have, as their primary purpose, responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- the inspection, certification and licensing of telecommunications, radio communications and broadcasting equipment installations;
- the examination and certification of radio operators and related personnel;
- the development and enforcement of international and domestic radio regulations, agreements and equipment standards, and the examination of related applications and technical briefs for radio and television stations;
- the detection, investigation and suppression of radio and television interference;
- the design, construction, installation, testing, inspection, maintenance, repair or modification of electronic equipment, systems or facilities, including the preparation of related standards;
- the conduct of experimental, investigative or research and development projects in the field of electronics, under the leadership of an engineer or a scientist;
- the planning and delivery of a quality assurance program for electronic systems and equipment;
- the development, direction and conduct of training in the above activities; and
- the leadership of any of the above activities.
Positions excluded from the Electronics Group are those whose primary purpose is included in the definition of any other group or those in which one or more of the following activities is of primary importance:
- the operation of electronic equipment for the purpose of monitoring radio aids to navigation;
- the use of manual and trade skills in the manufacture, fabrication and assembly of equipment;
- the electrical and electronics work performed as part of the repair, modification and refitting of naval vessels and their equipment; and
- the testing or inspection of electronic equipment to ensure fair measurement;
- the planning, development, conduct or management of telecommunications operations in support of police operations;
- the planning, development, conduct or management of lawfully authorized telecommunications interceptions in support of the police operations.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: