University Teaching (UT) Group Definition
Pursuant to section 101 of the Public Service Reform Act, the Treasury Board of Canada hereby provides notice that the following definition shall apply to the University Teaching Group effective .
The University Teaching Group comprises positions that are primarily involved in the application of a comprehensive knowledge of a discipline or disciplines to the development of expertise and the generation of new knowledge through research, and the planning and presentation of courses of study for undergraduates and graduates in universities.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, for greater certainty, it includes positions that have, as their primary purpose, responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- the planning, development and presentation of courses of study at the post-secondary level;
- the conduct and direction of research and the dissemination of its results to the outside community; and
- the provision of related advice.
Positions excluded from the University Teaching Group are those whose primary purpose is included in the definition of any other group or those in which one or more of the following activities is of primary importance:
- the teaching of students at the primary or secondary school levels; and
- the planning, conduct, evaluation and management of fundamental research, knowledge enhancement, technology development and innovation.
Job Evaluation Standard
University Teaching (UT) Job Evaluation Standard
To obtain a copy of the UT Job Evaluation Standard please contact TBS Public Enquiries.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: