Average Paid and Unpaid Sick Leave Usage by Organization
|Organization||2009-2010||2010-2011 Average||2011-2012 Average|
|Avg. Paid Sick Days Used||Avg. Unpaid Sick Days Used||Total Avg. Sick Days Used (Paid and Unpaid)||Avg. Paid Sick Days Used||Avg. Unpaid Sick Days Used||Total Avg. Sick Days Used (Paid and Unpaid)||Avg. Paid Sick Days Used||Avg. Unpaid Sick Days Used||Total Avg. Sick Days Used (Paid and Unpaid)|
|Canada Border Services Agency||12.9||4.9||17.9||13.2||5.4||18.6||13.5||5.6||19.1|
|Correctional Service of Canada||14.6||6.8||21.4||14.0||6.6||20.6||14.6||6.6||21.2|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada||9.1||6.1||15.3||8.6||5.8||14.3||9.0||5.1||14.0|
|Citizenship and Immigration Canada||11.2||1.9||13.1||11.3||2.1||13.5||11.3||2.7||14.0|
|Fisheries and Oceans Canada||11.2||11.7||22.9||11.5||11.5||23.0||9.0||9.5||18.5|
|Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada||6.9||3.4||10.3||7.2||3.6||10.8||7.7||3.9||11.5|
|Human Resources and Skills Development Canada||12.5||7.3||19.8||13.2||7.2||20.4||13.8||7.8||21.6|
|Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada||10.3||7.9||18.3||10.3||7.6||17.9||11.4||7.8||19.3|
|Department of Justice Canada||8.9||6.1||14.9||9.8||2.4||12.1||9.9||3.1||13.0|
|Natural Resources Canada||8.1||5.2||13.3||8.9||5.1||14.0||8.8||6.2||15.0|
|Public Works and Government Services Canada||11.6||4.5||16.1||11.3||4.5||15.8||11.8||6.7||18.5|
|Veterans Affairs Canada||12.4||10.2||22.6||12.4||9.9||22.3||13.3||10.8||24.2|
|Public Health Agency of Canada||8.2||4.8||13.0||8.8||4.4||13.2||8.7||4.5||13.2|
|Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian Staff)||11.1||5.0||16.1||11.2||5.5||16.6||11.2||6.4||17.6|
- Paid and unpaid sick leave usage information contains statistical data relating to the 20 largest organizations of the core public administration, for which the Treasury Board is the employer. These organizations represent approximately 86% of the core public administration.
- Leave statistics include indeterminate status employees, employees with specified terms of greater than or equal to three months, and persons employed on a casual basis.
- Paid sick leave figures include both certified and uncertified sick leave. Unpaid sick leave figures include both illness and long term disability leave.
- Persons appointed by the Governor in Council, ministerial staff, census-takers, investigators, federal judges, deputy ministers, members of the Canadian Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, employees locally engaged outside Canada and persons not required to work more than one third of the normal period are not included.
- For the Correctional Service of Canada: the Correctional Services (CX) occupational group, due to the nature of their work and through their collective bargaining agreements, are entitled to two additional paid sick leave days per year.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: