First notice to members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police regarding the Treasury Board obligations under the Pay Equity Act
October 14, 2021
As per subsection 14(1) of the Pay Equity Act, the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) on behalf of the Treasury Board of Canada (TB), is notifying members employed with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) of the TB’s obligation to establish a pay equity plan. This notice is applicable to RCMP members as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act.
The TBS will make all reasonable efforts to establish a pay equity committee to develop and finalize a pay equity plan. The requirements for the committee membership are:
- At least two-thirds must represent members of the RCMP;
- At least 50% must be women;
- At least one must be a person selected by the employer;
- Each bargaining agent with members of the RCMP to whom the pay equity plan relates must select at least one person; and
- At least one must be a person selected by non-unionized members of the RCMP, as defined in the Pay Equity Act.
The committee member(s) designated to represent non-unionized members of the RCMP is to be selected by non-unionized members by a majority of votes.
For more information about this notice, please visit Canada.ca or contact your organization’s human resources department.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: