Hiring persons with disabilities
Inclusive workplaces are good for business
Find out why. Find out how.
The benefits of hiring persons with disabilities
Find qualified employees with disabilities
Find financial incentives for employers, disability employment programs and community partners in your province or territory.
Select your province or territory
Read the Accessible Government backgrounder to find out what the Government of Canada is doing to become more accessible.
Get the facts
Why should your business include persons with disabilities?
A more inclusive workplace is good for business: Research shows that accessible employment practices help you reduce turnover, improve attendance and safety records, engage employees and boost company morale. They also outperform in terms of revenue growth, and people like to support inclusive businesses.
- Rethinking Disability in the Private Sector, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Business Benefits of Accessible Workplaces, Conference Board of Canada
- Mythbuster: Myths About Hiring Persons with Disabilities, Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work
Inclusive workplace tools
Would you like to be an inclusive employer but are not sure where to begin? How do you make your workplace inclusive? Before you recruit and hire persons with disabilities, get the tools and processes in place to train and support new employees.
- Employer Toolkits (best practices from disability-confident employers), Hire for Talent
- A Template for Creating a Workplace Accommodation Policy, Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Employer Obligations, Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Guide to Planning Inclusive Meetings, Employment and Social Development Canada
Community partners: There are many organizations that can help you employ and retain persons with disabilities. They can work with you to understand your labour needs, remove barriers, provide training and help match you with qualified job candidates in your community and provide workplace accommodation support for persons with disabilities.
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Regional resources
Job Bank: Advertise jobs for free on Job Bank and market them to persons with disabilities looking for work.
- Recruit persons with disabilities, Employment and Social Development Canada
You may be eligible for programs or financial incentives to help you make your workplace more accessible for persons with disabilities.
- Disability-related modifications, Canada Revenue Agency
- Enabling Accessibility Fund, Employment and Social Development Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: