Canadian celebrations of His Majesty King Charles III’s Coronation
On May 6, 2023, Canadians celebrated the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III and Her Majesty The Queen Consort. This historic event, the first coronation of a Canadian Head of State and Monarch in 7 decades, allowed communities to come together and highlight themes that both King Charles III and Canadians hold dear, including service, the environment and sustainability, and our nation’s diversity.
As a constitutional monarchy and Commonwealth realm, Canada marked this milestone event with a number of national initiatives that celebrated the close ties between His Majesty and Canada, as well as the role the Crown plays in our system of government and our sense of identity.
Celebrating His Majesty’s Coronation
Learn about how Canada celebrated the Coronation of King Charles III across the country.
About The King
Learn about King Charles III and his connections to Canada.
The Canadian Coronation Emblem
Discover the Emblem Canada created to mark the historic occasion.
See updates from The King’s Coronation and Canadian celebrations.
Latest news and contact information for Canadians and the media.
- Prime Minister celebrates the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Prime Minister announces Canadian delegation to the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- The Government of Canada announces details of Canadian celebrations for the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Prime Minister announces Canadian ceremony to mark the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- For media enquiries, contact our Media Relations team.
- For general enquiries, contact the nearest Canadian Heritage office.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: