Government of Canada investments — 2019 Canada Winter Games
The Government of Canada has provided significant contributions to the 2019 Canada Winter Games through the Sport Canada Hosting Program. Funding will ensure the Canada Games provide Canadians with improved recreational infrastructure and showcase our commitment to supporting our athletes from playground to podium. All of these elements and much more will inspire our next generation of high performance athletes and encourage all Canadians to get active.
Support for the 2019 Canada Winter Games includes:
- $11,120,000 over three years – announced May 5, 2017 – to the 2019 Canada Winter Games Host Society:
- $8,120,000 for operational costs of the Host Society in support of the Games.
- $3,000,000 in capital funding to the Host Society, which was allocated for the permanent outdoor long track speed skating oval being constructed in Great Chief Park.
- Up to $4,454,699 to the Canada Games Council to facilitate the participant travel to and from the 2019 Canada Winter Games.
Additional funding for the Canada Games Council:
- Up to $1,115,820 each fiscal year from 2018-2020, to support its role as the steward of the Canada Games – providing continuity, leadership and support to Host Societies, and ensure effective long-term partnerships with stakeholders.
- Date modified: