Bankruptcy for business
Whether you owe money or are owed money, consider your options, and learn about proposals and bankruptcy.
Services and information
Learn about alternatives to bankruptcy, including proposals, and find out about the process for filing for bankruptcy.
Access financial counselling and mediation services from the Farm Debt Mediation Service.
Find out how your receivership, bankruptcy or proposal in bankruptcy impacts your business accounts with the Canada Revenue Agency and find out what documentation you need to send.
What to do if you are a creditor involved in a bankruptcy or consumer proposal.
How to find unclaimed dividends or submit a claim to recover funds owed to you.
A database of all bankruptcies and proposals filed in Canada.
Get a list of companies that have been granted protection under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act.
Licences, applying the acts, online services and news for licenced insolvency trustees.
A searchable list of individuals licensed to administer bankruptcies and proposals in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Wage Earner Protection Act
- Farm Debt Mediation Act
- All about Bankruptcy Mediation
- Statutory Review of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- E-Filing: A Guide for Insolvency Professionals
- Insolvency Research Papers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: