Trade Mission to Vietnam and India
- Participated in a meeting with Dabaco Group, a major agri-business, to discuss opportunities for Canadian swine genetics, grains and oilseeds.
- Met with his counterparts at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Ministry of Industry of Trade.
- Led a roundtable discussion with key Vietnamese associations and Canadian industry in Hanoi to gain an understanding of the market opportunities for Canadian products such as beef, fish & seafood, fruits, wheat, soybeans, genetics, and animal feed.
- Toured VinMart Supermarket, a major retailer of agri-food/seafood that sells Canadian products such as lobster and apples, and gained insight on the preferences and tastes of local consumers.
- Met with the Saigon Union of Trading Cooperatives, a leading retailer in Vietnam and the Asia-Pacific region, to foster stronger business relationships in the agri-food sector and expand imports of Canadian agri-food products.
- Met with representatives of Vinamilk, one of the largest agri-food corporations in Vietnam to discuss opportunities for Canadian genetics and oilseeds, and with CFoods, to discuss prospects for growth of Canadian fish and seafood products (including Pacific oysters, lobster, Atlantic and Pacific salmon, snow crab, and black cod) in the market. He also met with Dan-On Foods, a successful Canadian company in Vietnam to better understand the business environment in the country.
- Led a roundtable discussion between key Vietnamese importers and business representatives and Canadian food industry in Ho Chi Minh City, and participated in networking receptions to advance Canada's interests in agricultural trade with Vietnam.
- Met with his counterparts at the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Met with representatives from Dalmia Global to discuss opportunities for Canadian canola oil in India, with McCain Foods to get a better understanding of doing business in India, and with the Forum of Indian Food Importers to discuss market opportunities for Canadian agri-food products in India and the regulatory challenges.
- Opened the Canada Pavilion at AAHAR, India's largest food and hospitality trade exhibition, which showcased some of the most innovative ideas in the food industry, to help promote Canadian products. In addition, AAHAR organizers awarded the Canada Pavilion first place for best international pavilion at the show.
- Gave keynote speech at a networking reception with 350 people in attendance, including members of the Canadian and Indian agriculture and agri-food industry including Tata Global Beverages, Indian government officials to advance Canadian opportunities in India. Also launched the Pulse Innovation Platform-India at the reception, designed to bridge gaps and build synergy between pulse production, its processing, and its contribution to human and environmental health.
- Met with representatives from Canadian Agro India Private Ltd, one of Canada's largest canola oil trading companies, and took part in a signing ceremony for four Memoranda of Understanding between Canadian Agro India Private Ltd and various retailers.
- Held a roundtable discussion between members of Pulse Canada and representatives from the Indian pulse industry and participated in a reception with Canadian and Indian industry representatives to advance Canada's interests in agricultural trade with India.
- Witnessed the unloading of a shipment of yellow peas from Vancouver at Mumbai's port.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: