Backgrounder: New technology opening markets for the chicken industry in Newfoundland and Labrador
December 9, 2022 – St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Federal, provincial and territorial governments are working together to give farmers and food processors the support they need through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, which invests in six priority areas:
- Markets and trade;
- Science, research and innovation;
- Risk management;
- Environmental sustainability and climate change;
- Value-added agriculture and agri-processing; and
- Public trust.
- The Partnership builds on previous successes and makes critical investments in innovation, land development, new entrant initiatives, food safety, environmental sustainability, and market development.
- The Partnership allocates $500,000 annually for agriculture development in Labrador to address the unique challenges and economic opportunities for northern food production.
- Programs are available to all eligible applicants and consider the needs of underrepresented groups such as women, youth, and Indigenous Peoples.
News release: New technology opening markets for the chicken industry in Newfoundland and Labrador
Office of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Web: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture
Country Ribbon Inc.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: