C8A3 Carbine Automatic Rifle
The C8A3 carbine automatic rifle is used as a personal weapon when it is not feasible to use the C7A2 automatic rifle. The light-weight C8A3 is air-cooled, gas-operated, and magazine-fed. Soldiers can easily disassemble it for inspection and cleaning.
The C8A3 is an evolutionary or mid-life program upgrade from the C8 carbine variant. It is equipped with ambidextrous controls, low infrared signature furniture and an extendable butt to better fit personnel wearing protective equipment. The C8A3 can also be fitted with a bayonet for close combat.
Its primary sighting system is the holographic sight which is designed for close combat. The holographic sight is supplemented by an adjustable front and backup sight.
- Weight: 4.1 kg (with full magazine, EO tech sight, sling)
- Sustained rate of fire: 15 rounds per minute
- Maximum rate of fire (semi-automatic): 65 rounds per minute
- Effective range of fire: 300 m
- Maximum range of fire: 2,350 m
- 5.56-mm x 45-mm ball cartridge
- 5.56-mm x 45-mm tracer cartridge
- Date modified: